Freshers has come to end which means things are getting serious for all of you newbie students and you’ll be about to kick start your courses. So here are some tips to make the most of your uni experience whilst staying in Hull.
- Focus on making friends – you’ll find people from Hull are extremely friendly and outgoing, so make the most of that.
- Join student clubs and societies – this will also help with the above tip of making new friends. By joining clubs and societies you have the opportunity to meet lots of people with similar interests to yourself.
- Create a budget and try your best to stick to it – balancing paying bills and affording a social life at uni can be hard, so make it easier on yourself by budgeting the money that you have.
- Make sure to take time for yourself – uni life can be very stressful with workloads, lectures, maintaining relationships, and fending for yourself for quite possibly the firs time ever. So, make sure to take time out every now and then and make the most of your lovely student accommodation.
- Be the best flatmate – There’s nothing worse than having a horrible flatmate. Set an example and make sure to keep things clean and tidy. Our student lettings here in Hull are very modern and luxurious so you’d want to keep them this way.
- Stay safe – Be responsible on nights out and eat well before hand. When moving to a new city like Hull, take time to familiarise yourself with the area, so you know exactly where you are, and you know the different routes back to your student accommodation.
- Make the most of your University Student Services – Use the help offered to, especially early on when you get to meet your personal tutor and other departmental staff that will support your studies.
While all these tips are helpful, the very best advice is to have fun, make the most of the university experience, and be true to yourself and what you would like to gain from attending university. Check out some of our student accommodation lettings in Hull by clicking here, if you have any questions about our accommodation or you are a new student living in our accommodation and have some questions, then please feel free to contact us on 01482 473347 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to All